“If you have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a few basic fitness skills, then I have a fun and fulfilling personal training position just for you!
“This position is an educational role. You will be fully trained on all of our systems so experience is not needed, but is preferred!”
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this ad.
Before I get to the job specifics, let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Kev Foley and I run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called B Fit personal training in Cardiff. And we are growing!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic person to start training some of our current clients, teach our classes and grow within the company.
My studio is located at St Peter’s rugby club based just off Newport Road in Cardiff.
We currently offer one-on-one personal training programs, semi-private training (maximum 4 clients) and group coaching sessions which all include nutritional and lifestyle guidance and we aim to educate, motivate, and support men and women to improve their health and fitness.
All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package which includes: nutrition coaching, exercise program design, monthly fitness assessments and weekly training sessions here at the studio.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients in our top-class facilities, alongside a fantastic team of trainers and you’ll receive a great development and education… AT NO COST.
The 4 Week Internship You’ll start off going through our internship, this lasts between 2-4 weeks depending on your experience. It is equivalent of a £540 training package on us, where you’ll experience first hand what it’s like to be a client. You’ll learn A LOT about fitness coaching, programme design and what it takes to be a successful PT. We’ll also get you up to speed with a combination of shadowing, education and training for all the tasks you’ll be responsible for.
The internship requires 10-15 hours/week for up to 4 weeks, depending on your experience. And it’s designed to be flexible so it can work around other commitments you may have. We’re investing a great deal in you in terms of time, coaching and education during the intern stage. And as a result the intern position is unpaid.
After your internship if you’re a good fit, and you’ve proved you have what it takes to be part of our team we’ll offer you a permanent position.
We are looking for a part-time coach who, as we move forward, would potentially grow within the business.
Part-Time Role – This will include coaching group training sessions and taking set hours in the studio working with our clients one-to-one and in small groups, with the intention of this becoming a full-time role in the near future, if you (a) want it, and (b) deserve it.
Hours – You would be expected to be doing 10-20 hours a week.
Salary – The starting rate for a part-time member of the training team is £10-12/hour.
My studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
I’m looking for someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do in my studio.
If you’re qualified (REPS level 3), enthusiastic, self-motivated and energetic, you could be what we’re looking for to start training some of our current clients.
Tasks you’ll be expected to perform:
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program and to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: You’ll test for – body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, cardiovascular and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus. We spend a lot of time training and practicing these skills as this is usually the clients’ first experience with you as a trainer.
- Coach Clients Through Our Program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you are working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress. You will also be responsible for coming up with exercise progressions for our small group training program, in which you will work with up to 5 people at a time all of whom may have different abilities.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals. Your entire attention is to be on the client, their safety is on you.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients.
Required Skills These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills: You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality – you must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting business and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: You need to be REPS Level 3 qualified personal trainer, but it is not essential that you have had experience in the field. You should, however, have a working knowledge of health and fitness.